Thursday, May 30, 2013

Book Review: "Remember the Blood" by Vicki Pettersson


New Year’s Eve is a night of celebration and remembrance for some … but for others it’s a time to forget. While the years might pile up easily behind vampires Ina and Alexander, the memories do not. Forgetting is the price they must pay for the gift of eternal life, but Ina and Alexander will do anything to stay together … and for that they must remember the blood. 

Previously published in The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance. - from Amazon.com

I have not read any of Vicki Pettersson's books as of yet. I do have a couple lined up to follow through with now. This was a great short story I bought after being directed to it via the author's Twitter feed. Having a couple books that the synopsis read interesting, I was a bit daunted by this tale, mainly because I am not much into the romance stuff. However, I loved the ideal of the story, a different possibility of vampirism, let alone that vampires could 'love' each other rather than the usual vampire/human relationship as in most books. I don't know if I would read this id the author expanded it into a regular book, or series, but I think it a good deal at the price I paid.

No comments: