Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Movie Review : "The Machinist"

Trevor Reznik is a lathe-operator who suffers from insomnia and hasn't slept in a year. Slowly, he begins to doubt his sanity as increasingly bizarre things start happening at work and at home. Haunted by a deformed co-worker who no one seems to think exists, and an ongoing stream of indecipherable Post-It notes he keeps finding on his fridge, he attempts to investigate what appears to be a mysterious plot against him and, in the process, embroils two women in his madness. Written by J. Lake  - taken from IMDB.com


I am not sure how to describe this movie. First I was appalled at every scene that showed Christian Bale with his shirt off. I had heard something about the dramatic weight-loss he had gone under for this role, and to actually see it.... I was a bit grossed out. That coming from a fat man. Gives me a good insight as I recall his role in ' he Dark Knight' as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Overall I was kept somewhat guessing until about halfway through the movie. From that point it was a matter of trying to figure out the ending - which I didn't get all the details. I give a decent rating of 3 stars, mostly due to the slowness of the lot, and that I was able to figure most of it out, so the movie lost my interest a bit.

No comments: