Friday, January 28, 2011

Movie Review : "The Parking Lot Movie"

Over the course of three years, filmmaker Meghan Eckman tracked thecomings and goings of a solitary parking lot in Charlottesville, Va., chroniclingthe lives of the attendants who were working there. This inspiring documentary is the result. Hanging tough as they navigate the range of human emotion -- from hope to frustration, from a sense of limitless possibilities to stagnation --the film's subjects embody the pursuit of the American Dream. - taken from Netflix.com


What can I say about this one? Not much. I watched it on recommendation from some friends, who apparently understood it better than I. Maybe my lack of Sociology  classes, or anthropology, or some college in general ruined it for me. Basically and Indie documentary about guys that worked at a particular parking lot. Most were some sort of undergraduate student, in some humanities course and try to spout life altering snippets about life as a parking lot attendant. Maybe that's why I don't get it. Worse movie rating so far.... 1 star.

No comments: