Sunday, April 3, 2011

Movie Review : "The Social Network"

Director David Fincher's biographical drama chronicles the meteoric rise of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (Jesse Eisenberg) from Harvard sophomore to Internet superstar, examining his relationships with co-founder Eduardo Saverin (Andrew Garfield) and Napster founder Sean Parker (Justin Timberlake). Winning Golden Globes for Best Picture and Best Director, the film also racked up Oscar nods in the same categories and for lead actor Eisenberg. - taken from Netflix.com


I actually enjoyed this film. So many of my friends were saying that they just had no interest in the 'story of FACEBOOK', and I admit, I wasn't too thrilled about it either. But I did find it interesting after watching it. I actually caught myself cheering on Zuckerman... they filmed it in such a way, one could almost NOT cheer him on. Of course, with it being valued at $500 billion (at that time) I don't think I would want to film it in agreement against his side of things... that could be costly somewhere in that person's life.... 4 stars... it kept my interest and I enjoyed it.

No comments: