Thursday, April 14, 2011

Movie Review : "Hereafter"

Clint Eastwood directs this supernatural thriller about three very different people and their responses to death, including a hesitant American psychic named George (Matt Damon) who may be able to help the others find answers and peace. Marie (Cécile De France) is a French journalist caught up in the aftereffects of the devastating 2004 tsunami, while in London, young Marcus (Frankie and George McLaren) seeks to contact his deceased twin brother. - taken from Netflix.com


I have always been a big Eastwood fan, and his movies as a director have always been a good one for me to watch. This one was no exception. About a third of the way through, I thought I might get lost in the French speaking portion (with English subtitles) but I stayed solid, and it was worth it. I admit, I even got a bit teary-eyed near the end. A great flick, I do believe I could sit through again with no qualms. Eastwood has earned another 5 stars.

No comments: