Friday, November 17, 2023

Book Review: "Devil's Ivy" by C. A. Martin

 

I was broken, until the day a gorgeous stranger invaded my life and declared I was his witch…

I never wanted any of this…
Heartbroken, with my life as a trainee surgeon in tatters, all I wanted was to crawl into a hole and die.
Then Kit darkened my door.
As devastatingly attractive as he is infuriating, he turned what was left of my world upside down, inside out and every which way but straight.
And he did it all with just seven little words.
You’re a witch, Fleur, and you’re mine.
I can’t believe it.
It’s a joke, it has to be.
And yet it all makes perfect sense.
My life had been ruined, but maybe there is a still chance for me.
A chance to overcome my demons and learn the truth about myself.
The truth about the ties of fate that have bound me to this man.
If our nightmares don’t destroy us first… - from Booksirens.com
I received this eARC from Booksirens.com and am providing an unbiased review.
This is the first book in this series and I will admit I was drawn to read this one due to the cover art. When I read the synopsis of the book, I thought, well, I will give it a shot. Overall the book is a pretty easy read. Starts out fairly slow, explaining our MC's background (failed superstar trainee surgeon, now hopelessly worthless). About midway we meet the sexy guy that claims he knows her, and that they are slated to be together because of magicke.
Okay, I admit I did not read the complete book. by midway, and this guy explaining magicke to a muggle, just didn't fit my vibe. I tried picking it up again after a couple days, but the story could not pull me in. I feel it is written easily to read and understand, my mind just didn't like some of it.

No comments: