Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Book Review: "Platinum Tinted Darkness" by Timothy Wolff

 

The Kingdom of Boulom has been lost.

The realms have already seen what happens when the Gods and their Harbingers are left unchecked.

Destruction. Chaos.

Death.

The Gods cannot be trusted. No one knows that better than David Williams, the leader of the Guardians tasked to protect the realm from the gods and their powerful Harbingers ever since the fall of Boulom.

Six Guardians take their pledge to leave the squabbles of kingdoms behind and live only to stop the Harbingers and protect the realm from the gods.

Serenna Morgan, a famed Crystal Mage and Guardian, struggles with the Guardian Pact when the Kingdom of Terrangus invades her home.

She's supposed to stay out of it.

But she can't.

When she breaks her Oath and joins in the skirmish, she earns the favor of the God of Death when the conflict escalates to an all-out war.

And he makes her an offer, one that'll make sure she'll never fail in her goals again.

To become his Harbinger. To partake in the ecstasy of destruction. - from Goodreads.com

I was provided an eARC from Netgalley.com and am providing an unbiased review.

This is the type of book I always dread to come along. The artwork is nice, and the story blurb is interesting enough that I anxiously wanted to read it. But it could not grab my attention from the start. I tried to set it aside, and restart a couple days later, but did not make it much further than the first attempt. After a week of tries, my attention just would not hold. For as far as I was able to read, the world building was good, though some of the characters were hard to remember their status, or relationship to others. As long as I have it available to me, I may go back and try after a short time again, and if so, will amend my review.

No comments: