Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Movie Review : "Cloverfield"

A going-away party in Manhattan is interrupted when a mysterious monster of epic proportions launches an attack on New York City. With camcorder in hand, a small group of friends make their way out into the chaotic streets, scrambling to stay alive. Mike Vogel, Lizzy Caplan, Jessica Lucas, Michael Stahl-David, Odette Yustman and T.J. Miller star in this frenetic sci-fi thriller directed by Matt Reeves. - taken from Netflix.com


I remember first seeing the trailer for this. A really short one, that seemed to hardly show anything. It left me feeling wanting... wanting to know what was out there. Whoever did the trailer, did a pretty decent job. Then the movie came out, and the apparent masses of excited people to see what it really was came out of the theaters screaming for mercy. Not mercy as in fear, as in a wonderful horror movie; but for mercy from the hour and a half of sheer 'WTF was that?' . Made in 2007, I think released like January 2008 (I could be wrong) and many people I knew said to not waste my time watching this one, even on DVD. Heck, some said not to waste the time when it makes TV. My queue got slow, and low, so I put it in. Yeah, there are other stuff I could have re-watched that would have been better. Two stars, only because I did get to see what it was... no spoiler there..

No comments: