Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Book Review: "Known Devil" by Justin Gustainis


“My name’s Markowski. I carry a badge. Also, a crucifix, some wooden stakes, a big vial of holy water, and a 9mm Beretta loaded with silver bullets.

“A new supernatural gang is intent on invading Scranton and it looks like I’m going to have to work with the current mob to prevent a demonic gang war.

“If there’s one thing I hate more than living with supernatural scumbags, it’s working with them! But you know that they say, better the devil you know…” - from Goodreads.com

I received an ebook copy of this book from the author in exchange for a review.

That being said, this was a great continuation as the third novel in the Occult Crimes Unit series by J. Gustainis, and I find myself wanting more. The world he has created filled with supernaturals of many types, and how it runs seemingly parallel to ours is amazing. I always picture Det. Markowski as a 'Sam Spade' type, with so much dry wit and sarcasm, I find myself chuckling quite a bit throughout the story. If you like urban fantasy and crime stories, you will love this series! I hope to see more in the future!!

No comments: