Monday, February 21, 2011

Movie Review : "Eat Pray Love"

Julia Roberts stars in this adaptation of Elizabeth Gilbert's best-selling memoir about coping with a depressing divorce. After deciding to reshape her life, Liz (Roberts) travels the world in search of direction. She heads to Italy, India and Bali, indulging in delicious cuisine while seeking the true meaning of self-love, family, friendship and forgiveness. Along the way, she meets a bevy of characters and, possibly, her true love. - taken from Netlflix.com


I had asked for all my contacts on Facebook, to let me know what they would about this movie prior to watching it. To me, I basically got the idea that it was a 'chick flick' form commercials/trailers I had seen, and how it was based on a book (that women seemed to rave about). Many friends/family stated they enjoyed, and some included that their husbands, I guess I read it as, 'tolerated' the movie as their wives wanted to see it. I sat down and watched it alone, as my wife said she had no idea what it was about even, and though she did not voice it, I got the impression she could care less about seeing it. I will recommend she see it before I return it.


I enjoyed this movie. Yes, definitely a Romantic Drama type movie, but not the sappy crap moist guys expect. I admit it, I got my heart strings tugged a teensy. What I liked best about the movie was an embracing of the cultures throughout, and the self-learnings the main character received. I think Julia Roberts was fantastic in this role, as so many of her more mature roles lately, show her to be. "Pretty Woman" ain't got nothing on this! I give it a very high 4 stars!

No comments: