Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Movie Review : "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"

Journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist) and rebellious computer hacker Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) team up to investigate the unsolved disappearance of wealthy Henrik Vanger's (Sven-Bertil Taube) teen niece (Ewa Fröling), only to uncover dark secrets about Vanger's powerful family. Niels Arden Oplev directs this Swedish thriller based on the first novel from Stieg Larsson's best-selling trilogy. - taken from Netflix.com


I waited awhile to see this one. I had read the book last summer (after it had come out in paperback) and had really enjoyed the story. When I heard that there was a foreign film of it, I was a bit excited, until I found out the English was in subtitles. Yeah, I know. However, I did love "Amelie" which was the same way... Anyhow, I finally ot around to watching it. Aside from the differences that a movie based on a book brings (obviously not as much detail as the book) it was a great movie. The Swedish Film Assoc (or whatever they are called) did a wonderful job. Of course the Author Larsson is from that area of Europe, too. Since it is a foreign film, there are a few, uh, sexually dramatic, scenes, that I would definitely not suggest this as a family film. I give it 5 stars, and look forward to seeing the next two movies in the series... even though I have not read the books yet.

No comments: