Thursday, February 13, 2014

Book Review: "Noah Primeval" by Brian Godawa


Nephilim Giants, Watchers, Archangels. This is Not Your Sunday School Noah's Ark.

Noah Primeval is a speculative retelling of the Genesis Bible story of Noah for a new generation. 

In an ancient world submerged in darkness, fallen angels called Watchers rule as gods and breed giants called Nephilim. Mankind is enslaved to evil. Noah, a tribal leader, has been prophesied by his ancestor Enoch to save humanity from coming destruction. To rise against this supernatural evil and rescue his family Noah will need an equally supernatural army. But he also has to finish building his big boat.

Noah Primeval is the first book in the exciting Biblical Fantasy seriesChronicles of the Nephilim. - from Amazon.com

I was a bit hesitant about picking up this series and reading them. To me, it sounded a bit more geared towards a Young Adult crowd, or those more into religious stories, than I am. But I found my self a bit intrigued.

Godawa has made a well-known story from the bible into a sensational action story. Based on facts and strong deductions about biblical history, the story of Noah and how he completed God's Will to build the Ark at the time of the Great Flood. Based on what I remember from Sunday School, this story was so much more interesting than our learnings. I also see that there are a couple other books out, and I think I shall have to read them as well. Any action/thriller reader would love to sit down with this one.

No comments: