Monday, September 14, 2020

Book Review: "Knights Magica" by B.R. Kingsolver

 


If the Knights Magica want a war, I'm willing to give them one.

I damned my soul long ago. What I do from this point forward is about redemption. If I burn in Hell because of fighting for others, for shouldering their sins, so be it.

The Knights are powerful, and they have taken control of the Universal Church. All across the world, the Knights find themselves in conflict with other paranormals and supernaturals. Human governments scramble to cope with the new reality of magic. Cities become battlegrounds.

And in Westport, Rosie O'Grady's Bar and Grill becomes a center for organizing the Resistance.

Then the Fae decide it’s time to act.
  - from Goodreads.com

This is book give of the Rosie O'Grady paranormal bar and grill series.

No spoilers here. In fact, I'll admit right here I did not even finish the book. On earlier reviews you will see that I started off enjoying this series up through pretty much book three. From there things just went downhill. By the time I got about halfway through this one, I had to put it down. I just felt like the story was not going anywhere except in circles. I was really disappointed, hoping for a nice conclusion to this series, but it was not to be.

No comments: