Monday, March 28, 2011

Movie Review : "Red"

2010 PG-13 111 minutes
After trading in his professional past as a black-ops CIA operative for a new identity, Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) is basking in normality. But he's forced to return to old habits when an assassin puts a target on his back and goes after the woman (Mary-Louise Parker) he loves. Helen Mirren and John Malkovich co-star as former members of Frank's team who reluctantly reassemble to save his life in this Golden Globe-nominated action-comedy. - taken from Netflix.com

Nothing like seeing a movie with aging stars in it.... again. I think the first time I saw one with this type of cast, was 'The Expendables' and even though this was a small bit different storyline, the action and aging stars were common. John Malkovich 's character was by far the best I feel, but I am a bit partial to him. Willis always is good  in an action flick, only because it has has speaking lines needed for his role. Parker I felt fit her role as a Mid-American person, and in some scenes looked somewhat sexy, and in others somewhat frumpy. I good girl next door kinda thing. I gave it 4 stars, as I chuckled at some of the dialogue, and the fact that it had several aging stars doing their best in an action flick.

No comments: