Monday, March 28, 2011

Movie Review : "Special"

Enrolling in a drug study to spice up his humdrum life as a low-paid meter reader, Les Franken (Michael Rapaport) begins taking an experimental antidepressant, which proves to have a few unexpected side effects. Convinced that he's actually developing special powers that can be used to fight evil, Les decides to quit his day job and focus on being a superhero … despite his doctor's professional opinion that his abilities are all in his mind. - taken from Netflix.com


I picked this for an Instant Play - I think it was because I was 'in between' on movies showing up...and it had gotten some higher viewer ratings. Figured maybe I would check it out. Yeah, I watched it. It wasn't spectacular. Simple story of how doing one of them drug studies you hear about all the time, can go wrong.... and just by chance, the side effects make you do stuff that actually are nice for society, though done in the wrong way (vigilante justice). Indie film... low budget... no major big names. I was okay with it... 2 stars.

No comments: