Monday, March 28, 2011

Movie Review : "Machete"

2010 R 105 minutes
Hired to assassinate a politician, vigilante and ex-Federale Machete (Danny Trejo) nearly dies when a sniper shoots him during the job. Out for revenge, he's joined by a reluctant old buddy (Cheech Marin) who's become a pacifist priest. Written and co-directed by Robert Rodriguez, this homage to exploitation films based on his fake trailer in Grindhouse co-stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Rodriguez, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Alba and Steven Seagal. - taken from Netflix.com

OMG! I had waited a few years for this one. I cannot remember where it started, but the original idea was used as a fake movie trailer at the start of some movie made similar to the 70's type R flicks. It was 'Grindhouse' by
Tarantino. Either way, I guess so many people liked it, that they idea got worked further along and they actually made it into a movie. I like Danny Trejo roles anyways. He always plays a badass. And being in the same style as many 70's B flicks you would see at the drive-ins.... just made it better. I was a bit surprised at the cast (I  hadn't looked before I watched it) but included some big names as well. I gave it 5 stars.  

No comments: