Friday, July 19, 2013

Book Review: "Sleeping Beauty" by Mark Lawrence

Unfortunately, there is no cover for this short tale, or a description. Mark Lawrence provided the story free of charge through his website, and so of course, I snagged a copy. Per his words:

"Because I love you, and all that stuff, I've written a Jorg-based short story and you can read it on the Voyager site totally free, for nothing, without charge.

http://harpervoyagerbooks.com/wp-cont...

It's really a bit of fun, prompted by a challenge from a reader to warp the tale of Sleeping Beauty around that of young Jorg Ancrath. I may have thrown another fairy tale or two into the mix...

The story can be fitted in between the two threads in Emperor of Thorns (or indeed King of Thorns)... if you like."

Yes, this is a short tale that is in Jorg Ancrath's world, which Lawrence wonderfully wrote about in PRINCE OF THORNS, and KING OF THORNS, both of which I really enjoyed. This was not much different, just that it was so short. I liked the way Jorg has come across some of the old world places/items/mechanicals in the previous tales, and this was just one event that involved them as well. It makes me wonder more and more just how advanced the race of people were before the "Hundred Suns" war (I believe that is what it is called in the book).
Nice little tale to help promote the marketing for EMPEROR OF THORNS due out this August, too!

No comments: